- Surgeons at Okayama University Hospital successfully transplanted both lungs donated from a boy younger than six who had been declared brain dead...
- A delegation from the Communauté Université Grenoble Alpes in France visited Okayama University President Hirofumi Makino, on 15 May 2017....
- Okayama University and Wayne State University (WSU), Detroit, MI, USA, have jointly launched the Okayama University-Wayne State University Joint Research Laboratory (OU-SCEED) in the...
- On 26 April 2017 eight students from Vietnam of the ninth course students of the Okayama-Hue International Master’s Program—a joint program between Okayama University...
- On April 13, Mr. Shunsuke Shimada, a senior in the Okayama University Faculty of Environmental Science and Technology’s Department of Environmental Chemistry and Materials,...
- Okayama University and International Atomic Energy Agency sign an agreement for the development of Boron Neutron Capture Therapy (BNCT) for cancer therapy
- Okayama University participates in Asia’s Biggest Bio-Business Event: ‘Bio Japan 2016’
- Japan’s Six National Universities Network (SUN)/ International Education & Research System (SixERS) Signs International Exchange Agreement with Excellence League of China
- Professor Jian Feng Ma receives the 2016 Corresponding Membership Award from the American Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB)
- Surgeons at Okayama University Medical Hospital succeed in world’s second hybrid lung transplant operation: Simultaneous lung transplants from both brain-dead and living donors
- Misasa International Student Internship Program 2016 at Okayama University’s Institute for Planetary Materials:Students from all over the world gather to try their hands at research
- Professors Jian Feng Ma and Naoki Yamaji receive “Highly Cited Researchers 2015” Award
- OKAYAMA UNIVERSITY Summer School 2016 Apply now !
- Okayama University participates in “nano tech 2016”: world’s largest exhibition of nanotechnology
- Ambassador of the European Union Delegation to Japan gives a lecture on “European Higher Education in the World”
- Fifth University Research Administrator (URA) International Research Seminar
- Okayama University Silicon Valley Office (OUSVO) is officially opened at Fremont, California in November, 2015
- International collaboration work with Xiamen University, P. R. China
- Ninth Entrance Ceremony Held for the “Okayama-Hue International Master’s Program”
- International collaboration at the Okayama University Institute of Plant Science and Resources (IPSR)
- The launch of Okayama University Hospital’s Biobank (Okadai Biobank)
- Misasa International Student Intern Program 2015: Japanese and Overseas Students Participate in Cutting-Edge Research
- Okayama University at the Licensing Executives Society 2015 Annual Meeting in New York City
- The ‘Japan Initiative for Global Research Network on Infectious Diseases’: a kickoff symposium
- Okayama University and IAEA sign a new agreement related to radioactive waste management and environmental remediation
- Developing new insights into iron-controlled biology
- Combatting Infectious Diseases with Research Networks
- World’s first hybrid lung transplant: Simultaneous lung transplants from both brain-dead and living donors
- Life Science World 2015 : Okayama University presents its latest research achievements at Asia’s largest bio event
- Misasa International Symposium 2015
- The 1st Okayama University and King Faisal University’s Workshop on Environmental and Life Science
- High-performance Terahertz Project kick-off symposium
- Symposium held on “The current and future state of radiation”
- From molecular diagnostics to target therapies
- Okayama University Special Movie ”Craftmanship of OKAYAMA"
- 100th year anniversary commemorative ceremony for the Institute of Plant Science and Resources
- The Opening Ceremony at the Junko Fukutake Terrace
- International Exchange Event “Erasmus Day”
- 2nd URA International Research Seminar
- Successful completion of a contralateral lung transplant using a donor lung from a brain-dead donor: a first in Japan
- Okayama Study Tour to Discover the Charms of Okayama from the Perspective of Foreign Students
- Professor Wirth, from Cardiff University in the UK, presents a lecture at Okayama University’s ‘Future Session’
- Selection as part of the ‘Top Global University Project’
- Okayama University selected as an additional MEXT ‘Translational Research Network Program’ research support site
- Selection as a Center for Excellence
- University-level agreement with Universiti Putra Malaysia concluded
- BIOtech Japan 2014: Okayama University presents its latest research achievements at the Asia’s largest bio event
- International Dental Center opens in Hai Phong University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Vietnam
- Assistant Prof. Miho Nishimura Spoke of Her Aspiration as Female Researcher at TEDx Tokyo 2014
- Prof. Kano Elected as Executive Committee Member of Global Young Academy
- First deposit from Japan: Barley seeds are preserved in Svalbard Global Seed Vault
- Okayama University Staff Join the Sports Day in Cambodia
- African Educators Begin Course at Okayama University
- Okayama University receives the "Business Matching Award" at "nano tech 2014"
- Okayama University Attends Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- Project launched to train educators from Senegal
- Selection for the Center Of Innovation (COI STREAM) Program
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Takashi Yorifuji Attends World Health Organization Meeting
- Okayama University selected for the prestigious ‘Program on Strengthen of Research Activity & its Promotion in Selected Universities’
- Space traveling seeds: sunflower seeds stayed in space were delivered to schoolchildren
- International Exchange Speech Contest
- Okayama University medical student wins gold medal at the World Junior Powerlifting Championships in Texas, USA
- World's first successful living donor transplant of the middle lobe of a lung:
Mother's lung saves the life of her three year old son
- Japan's oldest votive tablets showing monkey leading a horse, and a cow are unearthed
- Launch of the Photosynthesis Research Center at Okayama University
- Launch of mega-hospital consortium: Okayama University Hospital is selected as one of 10 core hospitals for clinical research in Japan
- Jian-Ren Shen is awarded the prestigious 2012 Asahi Prize
- Vice President Shin-ichi Yamamato leads delegation to India to visit national research institutes and Okayama University-India collaborative research center
- Yuji Hasegawa of Vienna University of Technology describes his ground breaking findings on quantum physics and the Heisenberg principle
- Itsuo Nakano is one of the international group of scientists involved in research on the discovery of the Higgs Boson selected by AAAS Science for Science Breakthrough of the Year 2012.
- Okayama University Hospital surgeons perform a record 100 lung transplants exceeding any other hospital in Japan.
- International symposium on Structure and Dynamics of Photosynthetic Systems
- Okayama University Holds Special Lecture: Higgs Boson—the Last Elementary Particle