Notice from the Hospital
Division of Clinical Engineering
What is the Division of Clinical Engineering?
Clinical engineers belong to the Division to operate, maintain, and manage medical equipment, which has become sophisticated and complex, with the advance of medicine, providing technical support and staff education to each clinical division. Clinical engineers who belong to the Division of Clinical Engineering, Medical Support take charge of providing the services.
We provide central management of medical equipment in the hospital and conduct a high level of medical activities through the efficient operation of medical equipment, implementation of maintenance inspection, education for how to operate medical equipment, and technical support in each clinical division. We strive to improve medical safety for patients to receive safe and comfortable treatment.
Description of Main Services
- Equipment management service: Efficient operation and appropriate arrangement are conducted for medical equipment.
- Maintenance inspection service: Before and after use, various checks are conducted in addition to regular checks. The safety and cleanliness of medical equipment are maintained. Medical care support service:
- Medical care support is provided in intensive care units, operating rooms, the Division of Hemodialysis, Division of Blood Transfusion, IVR Center, inpatient wards, and outpatient clinics.
- Education activity: A study meeting on the handling of equipment (ME seminar) is held regularly.
- Risk management service: Maintenance of high safety environment is fundamentally important at this hospital. We examine accidental cases and situations in which medical equipment is involved. We provide related information to medical staff members at internal meetings and ME seminars so that they can take appropriate measures promptly and efficiently.