Notice from the Hospital
Division of Advanced Medical Management
- Centers & Services
- Safety Management Facilities
- Division of Advanced Medical Management
What is the Division of Advanced Medical Management?
We manage "advanced medical technology" (difficult medical technologies that have not been used at our hospital, but which might have a strongly positive effect on patients) and "unapproved new drugs, etc." (drugs and medical devices that have not been approved for use in Japan) that are planned for introduction at our hospital, so that they can be provided using proper procedures.
We also have a section of advanced medical safety control and a section of unapproved drugs and medical device safety controls installed under the Division of Advanced Medical Management to assess them and decide whether they should be provided or not.
We strive to secure more advanced medical safety to provide proper medical care using advanced medical technologies, unapproved new drugs, and other new modes of treatment as the duty of a special functioning hospital to provide advanced medical care.
Description of services
- Matters related to application procedures: we check the contents of applications submitted by departments, etc.
- Matters related to determination of treatment provision: it is decided by both sections (section of advanced medical safety control and section of unapproved drug and medical device safety control) whether treatment should be provided or not, in addition to conditions under which it is to be provided.
- Matters related to confirmation after providing treatment: After the decision is made of whether treatment should be provided or not, it must be confirmed whether the operation was performed properly, or not, in all cases for which application was approved. The organization for operation should be reorganized as appropriate.